Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fresh Air [Sam Style]

Who knew?

Who knew that you could have the flu in the last days of May?Well, I didn't!!! And I am sicker than sick. For the last four days, all I have wanted to do is sleep. I haven't gotten to. My sense of smell is heightened, trying to ride or drive in a car is a joke, and
Sam's version of let's make Amy feel better is "fresh air"...

Sam decided that I just needed some fresh air. So he rounded up our friends, and our horses, and headed up the canyon. Now, I haven't been on a horse in right around 12 years. I haven't had the intention of getting on one for about 12 more! However, being sick I just don't havethe energy to fight. Off we go up the mountain with me on a green-broke horse. Luke. Whom I love dearly, but he is only a colt. In horse sense I
suppose I am only a colt as well, so weren't we peas in a pod! We were doing ok until we came to a stream. I was last in the line of four, with Sam pulling Luke on a lead rope tied to his mule, Liz. Liz crossed just fine, Luke however determined he was going to find ANYWAY POSSIBLE across that stream without touching the water. Where we crossed it dipped down then went back up with the water in the bottom. It was surrounded by boulders, trees and dead-fall. In the very bottom was a small, but tall boulder. Luke jumped on top of it, with me screaming SAMMMM, needless to say, we looked like a circus act. Luke jumped from the top of the rock, I lurched forward and came right out of the saddle, tumbled across a few rocks and watched Luke step over me. I didn't like it much. I thought to my self, and people do this for fun? Why? Sam ran to help me up. I have a bruised rib, gashed elbow and my knees hurt pretty good. But, I smile and ask Sam what he would like me to do. I rode Liz the rest of the day. And we are all just fine. At least the adventure part was over within the first 5 minutes. LOL!!!

So besides being sick, I am saddle-sore, beat up and can barely breathe. Ah...
don't you just love fresh air?

No comments: