Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Long Goodbye


It is the beginning. Of the long Goodbye.


Josh died early this morning. Cancer. What an ugly, ugly word. Death does not care if you are young or old. Eventually it will visit us all. Cancer doesn't care if you 5 or 35. Neither care that you have four little children at home, a wife who adores you, and a network of friends and family who love you.

Josh and Sam have been best friends since they were 12 years old. They grew-up, went to high-school, served missions, laughed, fished, hunted and played together. They found love, got married...had families, together. As long as I have known Sam, I have known Josh. Some of my fondest memories include him. Some funny, some not so funny...

I am so grateful to know that God has a plan. An eternal plan of happiness. I am so grateful to know God can see the whole. I only see a part, and right now it hurts. I long for the day that my understanding will open and the whole will unfold before my eyes and the pain will dissolve into knowledge.

To the Great Plan of Happiness
For Josh, Zelma, and the kids
For Sam, and all those hurting...

Goodbyes don't last forever
Families do.

No comments: