Monday, June 18, 2007

June the Loon

Oh man. June is flying fast!!! We have just spent a long weekend at Currant Creek for the annual Henstra family reunion. Ah...the great outdoors. Did I mention that I hate camping? How about dirt? Um...can anyone say bears? squeak...

Well, obviously I survived. Here I am blogging! We had fun. It was perfect weather, and company. The kids had a blast fishing, hiking, eating...um...eating, and eating!!! Sam and I enjoyed a little rest from the grind by sitting by the lake, hanging out by the campfire and trying to sleep in an itty bitty flat air mattress. Sounds great doesn't it?

The family seems to all be doing well. We all have our own concerns and problems...who doesn't? But, all in all, we had a good time getting to know each other all over again. Everyone seemed to feel that the kids, especially Katie had grown soooo much. I guess it slips past me since I see them everyday. I need to work on that! Katie caught two 14" fish much to the dismay of all the men fellow fishers in the family. Sam said an entire day spent on the lake with her was worth it. Just to be with her, and to see the looks on all the faces of the men...HA!

I should post pictures soon. Till then...Ta ta!

No comments: