Saturday, May 30, 2009

Where does the time fly to?

Whoops.

That was a whole week rushing past. I am not sure if I even surfaced for a breath!!! LOL. Well, it is official. School is OUT FOR SUMMER!!! HOORAY!!!!

We went swimming already. We have to celebrate properly! So now we are in gear to work in the basement and get packed for Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.

Our first official family vacation in nearly 4 years. Really. We must be demented or something. I told Sam last night that we should be totally irresponsible just once in our lives and leave it all behind. Something neither one of us are good at! Katie will be celebrating her 10th birthday while we are there. And we have planned a little surprise for her! (White water rafting down the Snake river) Bwhahahaha! I can't wait to see her face!!!

The kids have been begging to go to Yellowstone for years. But, with Mom fighting cancer we just didn't dare leave for any amount of time. We have had a year to heal. A year to ponder, and pray. What a year it has been!

So here goes nothing! And Kathy...here is my shout out to you...any ideas? I know you have been to Yellowstone! Email me, K?

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Yellowstone is so fun! Have a great time. We take 2 days when we go. The south loop one day and the north loop the other.

Melissa said...

Have a great time Amy! Are you still thinking about CA later on? Take lots of pictures! :D

Katie said...

Good for you! Have so much fun. Yellowstone was one of the funniest vacations I have ever had. It was amazing. Take it all in and enjoy all it's beauty!