Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I, I am alive!

Really.

Sorry! It has been really hectic here. Riley celebrated his 12th birthday. W.O.W. Time flies. So fast. He had a football party of sorts, *SHOCK*, I know. Several of his friends came to the park and tossed around the ball. Sam, of course couldn't stand to be on the sidelines...so he ended up in the middle of it!

That Sunday he was set apart and received the Aaronic Priesthood. The sensations that were felt were a little unexpected. It is a special gift to be worthy to have the priesthood. And to have 2 worthy boys in the house, well, it got me all teary eyed. My heart burned. And the spirit whispered to me that this gospel is true. Riley's smile was so big...I kept waiting for his head to crack in two! So, now he passes the sacrament. My, how time flies! Before I know it he will be in High School. How can I slow time down? Just a little...

It wasn't very long ago that I held a little baby boy in my arms. Wrapped in love. So, I suppose not much has changed. The baby has just gotten bigger. One of our favorite things to do is read, I love you Forever...what a wonderful book about Moms and little boys and love. Love is forever.

Family is too.

Happy Birthday Riley.
I love you!

2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

You are amazing. Miss ya!

Melissa said...

Our kids are so lucky to be loved by us. :D You are a special mom!