Friday, October 9, 2009

Autumn...my favorite!




I came across a quote on a good friends blog...and I just HAD to share it!

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. -George Eliot

Isn't that yummy??? I love fall. The colors. The smells. The crisp air. I was born in the fall, married in the fall...perhaps it will always be a time of rebirth for me. I realize most people equate that with Spring. But I am not most people... Fall is a time of personal reflection for me. A time to start anew. There is just something magical about watching the earth shed its skin and go to sleep that makes me want to change. To be better. To live life more fully.

And before you know it the trees huddle together naked. The snow swirls to the ground covering the world in a blanket of silent white. Every shade of gray seems bleak compared to the riot of color given in autumn. Then we tiptoe outside to catch the flakes on our tongues. Every season is a gift. Each unique in beauty!

But Fall is still my favorite...

4 comments:

Andie~ said...

Scott and I danced to "What a Wonderful World" at our wedding! Great pictures. :)

Brittany Miller said...

Amy! I love this! Autumn through Spring is my favorite. I loved how you described everything. I was born in January and I love it, I always have and always will. Your pictures are very pretty. I need to get mine up!

ps. Dont you just love that quote?! ;)

Melissa said...

That was so beautifully said Amy! You have a gift with words! Fall is my favorite too! We don't even have the scenic changes, but I love it all the same. My friend from Utah has lived her long enough to sense our CA season change too. The light is different and the air is also. I love it. I am also a "fall cleaning" nut. It's all about new beginnings and organization. Maybe it's because starting school each fall has been such a huge part of our life--also a starting over and time to organize our materials. Whatever it is about this yummy, cozy time of year, I LOVE it too!

heather said...

Autumn is my favorite too!!! Can't wait to see ya again.