Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I know! I know...

It has been far too long.  I know!  It is busy here!! Come over and see.  Really!

We celebrated Sam's birthday.  Yes.  Yes, we did.  It was awesome.  With cake, a helmet and everything.  Helmet you ask?  Yup.  We got him a ski helmet for his adventures in the snow.  It is for jumping off cliffs and stuff.  On skis.  Yes, he is crazy.  

In other news... the transmission fell out of our truck.  So guess what is strung across the garage.  That is right.  Transmission stuff.  Sam is trying to rebuild it himself.  He can do it.  I am not worried!  It is so great that he has the skill, knowledge and ability to do these things!  I love that man!

Also, we took family pictures this past week.  It is unreal how much the kids have grown this past year.  Crazy.  Hopefully I can get them posted for you to enjoy as well!

Fall is totally here.  Cool nights.  Warm, Sunny days.  Ah.  My favorite time of year.  Makes me want to bake.  Pumpkin bread, chocolate chip cookies, apple cider.  Mmmmmm, delicious!!!  We have already made some caramel to dip the fresh apples in.  We picked peaches Sunday and I hope to make a pie today!  Fall harvest, pretty much rocks.  =)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I have missed your posts, so I'm glad you're back! So sorry about the truck. Not everyone can be a Sam or Kelly, and we're mighty lucky to have men with genius in the fix it and put it back together department. Your pictures were awesome; what a relief to get those done months before Christmas cards huh? Your fall foods remind me of your apple crisp. I think I could eat a whole pan by myself. Which, of course, is why I'm fat. Oh well. You only live once. Hope your new eating plan goes well. You are strong, and God has equipped you with the skills necessary to overcome this challenge. xoxo

Brittany Miller said...

Your family picture is GORGEOUS!

Andie~ said...

I love you!! {{*squeeze*}}