Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And there was snow...

The snow finally showed up.  Sort of.  It is wet and fluffy like snow.  But more of it would be awesome.  Driving home on the freeway last night was a bit of an adventure.  I have always liked adventure, though.  There isn't much here in the valley so hopefully the mountains got pounded.  Now I just need to find a way to go skiing.  *cough*cough* I mean, soul searching.  Er.  Let me explain.  When I am on the side of a mountain, surrounded in the beauty of this world.  The majesty of God... I feel closer to him.  It is absolutely breathtaking.  There is so much beauty IN this world.  When we choose to see it.  As I fly down the side of a mountain, with the wind whipping my ponytail out behind me...I feel free.  Often I laugh to the sky with no one to hear it but God.  He hears my joy.  He feels my heart pound as I soar through the hills and valleys of white.  I tip my face to the blue sky and thank him.  Sometimes with tears streaming down my face.  He sees my gratitude.  He sees me.  He loves me.  And I see and love him back.  Hope your world is full of beauty.  Hope you choose to see it and be grateful.  Hope.  It springs eternal you know.

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Hello there lady, I have a question for you. For some reason I have been thinking that you are a midwife? Is this true? ;)

Melissa said...

I love that you appreciate the world and its beauty like I do. I feel that connection when I'm outside and see a beautiful sunset, or on days when it has rained and washed everything clean. I hope you get up to ski soon! xoxo