Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is here...

The hiatus is over.  Life isn't slowing down, not one bit!  Summer has passed by and school is in.  The leaves are a riot of color on the mountains and fall is here.  It has been a year full of change for us.  Maybe that is why I love the transition of the seasons... it so fully reflects our life.  It is said that the only constant is change... I suppose it depends on who you are and how you deal with change.  I thrive on change.  I embrace and welcome change!  Sam hates change.  He likes things to be steady and constant.  We balance each other out!  As I charge head on into change- Sam remains stable.  He gives me roots and I give him wings.  We share like that.  We are awesome like that!  We celebrated our 18th anniversary this past Sunday.  What an adventure it has been.  He is still my best friend and confidant.  We still act like newlyweds... I suppose that is better than nearly- deads... LOL!!  We like each other and it is observable.  We still hold hands and laugh in the middle of the night.  We take turns with responsibility and cry together when we need too.  I love that man.  He makes me want to be the best I can be.  I have no idea what he sees in me... but not a single day goes by that I don't thank the Lord for him.  He really is my better half.  Today is his birthday!!  Happy Birthday Sam!  I love you.  40 is way better than 20.  Who knew?  We both face the horizon of our lives.  It isn't too far off.  As life zips past us, we are beginning to realise that every moment is precious.  The present truly is a gift.  Happy Fall!!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have missed your blog posts! Happy Birthday Sam! Happy anniversary to you both! 18 is awesome! We've passed 25 recently, and I still keep thinking that maybe this year we'll get closer to getting it right. Ha ha! Forties are the bomb, if I could just have my 20-something body back and pair it with my 40-something wisdom, we'd be in business! Love to you and the family!!! xoxo