Thursday, January 18, 2007

And so it goes

I sit and gaze toward the Western sun, though it is bitter cold...longing for the heat to reach my bones. Outside it is still and silent. The orchards are all sleeping under a veil of snow and cloud. Molly is curled up in the sunshine on the porch taking advantage of what radiant heat can be found! She is so sweet, like a little ball of chocolate...with dreams. A haze is rising from the valley floor reaching upward with tendrils of gray...I hope it storms soon to chase the inversion away. It is beautiful how the sky and the earth seem to merge into one...almost like they melt together. I love that!

The three creatures are all home and snug. Full of life, and laughter they are quick to fill me in on what is important to them. I smile and make more cocoa wanting to share in their sweet little dreams. My feeling heart wants to wrap them up and hold them tight. Yet, my searching heart longs to set them free on shaking wings...how does one do that? Give their children roots and wings... Roots to hold and wings to fly...by and by. And so it goes...

No comments: