Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Words, music and life musings

Words and music have always been part of me. I have a profound love of poetry and self expression. Art, words, music...fill my soul with joy. It is so amazing to me the feelings that can be expressed when words are placed just so...for good or for ill. I am learning that hurt manifests itself only when we allow it to. One can only be offended when he/she chooses to be. I feel such a sense of peace...in a time of war. Within my spirit dwells a love of God and good things. I know that hard things, even sad things will and must happen. It is my hope to grow and learn from these things...

Well, back to reality. E. is feeling much better, but now I am sick. Nothing quite compares to fever, chills, shakes and body aches! For me of course it always moves into my chest...ouch. ( Like there isn't already enough there! LOL ) Like my heart, my bust , shall I continue? All my thanks to my dear Sam...who has fed the kids, and babied me for the last couple of days. It certainly has been an adventure lately! Last night at around 4am we ran out of propane...eek. Sam had to hook up our spare...thank goodness for the spare... It took him an hour or better. The night life must be the thing for him, because night before last he had to go to his Mom's and fix their broken water line. With temps hitting -20, it is no wonder that we are all dealing with winter in our own way.

Personally I like winter. Even the bitter cold of winter. There is something about everything dormant that intrigues me. Hibernation envy perhaps? Although it makes me sad to see the trees naked dancing in the wind...I know that it is only a cycle of life. One eternal round the seasons will make. And again I will try to find my voice. It has been so long since I have sat down to write. I get lost in Mommiedom... and forget that within the mother is a person. Well, here I am. I hope to make the journey a little sweeter.

1 comment:

K Allrich said...

Thank you, Amy, for visiting my blog.

Thank you for your honest, brave and beautiful words.

Your family is lovely!

Take good care of yourself and feel better soon.

sending warm hugs and namaste, Karina