Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Good bye rain...hello sunshine

Well the wind blew in several days of rain. It got downright cold here at our little farm on the hill. The big red house was a nice safe place to be with a pot of homemade soup in one hand and a batch of brownies in the other!!!

The rain has past and the last two days have been simply stunning. The grass is all green, the trees have blossomed, and the days are getting warmer. I feel summer nipping spring in the bud! Just a couple more weeks of school and we are free!!!

K. has a field trip tomorrow which she is really looking forward to. R. had a killer ball practice today. ( well, he is afraid of the ball...) E. has t-ball tomorrow , and so it goes.

Sam and I have been working like crazy to get our backyard landscaped...and let me just tell ya darling, out here it ain't easy. All rock and no play. Then you feed horses, haul water buckets and run your guts out the rest of the day. While kids follow you around saying.... I'm hungry, I'm bored. LOL!!! E. ran it past me today, so I plopped her on the counter and made homemade strawberry jam. :0) It is fabulous!!!

So, if you are around come on by. We will drag you along with us.

No comments: