Thursday, May 10, 2007

These late spring days are filled with so much.

As many of you know, I have struggled with my weight most of my life. It goes up and down like a manic roller coaster. Well, a couple weeks ago I said ENOUGH!!!! I am trying the South beach diet. It seems to be a healthy alternative, although I hesitate to call it a diet. It is simply a healthy way to eat and live.

I feel like I have lived online to find every source I can to help me have creative ideas and still be able to eat food I like. I love, LOVE the Fat Free Vegan blog. Although I am none of those, ( well I am a blogger ), the foods there are simply wonderful. Last night I had a chilled curry zucchini soup that was FABULOUS!!! Also the vegan lasagna is to die for.

So in honor of my new way of eating ( and living ) I will try to post some recipes that I am trying. If you feel adventurous come along and eat with me. It is healthy, it is creative and a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I always love new recipes. Though vegan/fat free meals are good for a change up, I don't endorse the idea of either as a lifestyle. Our bodies need fat. And our bodies need variety. But good luck with this.

By the way, I don't know if you've caught it, but I'm pregnant. I'm due October 23 and I'll find out the baby's sex on June 5th.