Thursday, June 21, 2007

Manti Pageant

They come with so many extremes, why don't they come with an instruction manual?


It's all fun and games right?! Either I have lost my mind, or I never had it to start with. Last summer I decided to start taking the kids to different things around Utah that I felt would be good for them to experience. Musems, National parks, venues of all kinds beware...We are on our way!


Three adorable heathens at the foot of the Manti Temple. This is an amazing feat that was built by Mormon Pioneers. It much resembles a castle. And if you think it is beautiful on the outside, oh, you can only imagine the inside! Every time I round the corner I feel that I have come home. What a wonderful feeling.

Ellie sitting on a knoll by the Manti Temple. Each summer the Mormon Miracle Pageant is performed here. It is a simply amazing story that encompasses generations of time and spans 2 continents! With a cast of over 500 volunteers who sing, dance, and bring to life ancient history it just can't be beat. Oh and did I mention it is free? As always it was wonderful.

Sweet Sisters by the temple entrance.

The temple is a place of refuge. In a society of crumbling values the temple stands as a firm testimony of what is good and true. Millions of faithful worthy LDS members partake of sacred works in the temples across the world. This just happens to be MY temple. This is where I was married. That makes it mine, right? Well, okay, no. In my heart it will always be special. Hopefully I can pass that love down to my heathens. Perhaps the day will come when I stand with them in the Holy Temple. What a blessed day that will be! To stand eternal. To stand tall. To stand as a family wrapped forever in the arms of love. Is there anything better?

No comments: