Thursday, July 5, 2007

Things you hear around our home

In a large mud puddle: Look!!! Its the Milky Way!

Um, I hate to tell you this, but that's not a star, it's a planet.
I guess that was it for YOUR wish.

Ellie to Sam's Mom with a lightsaber: Feel the power of the Dark Side, Grandma.

Sam to me upon my apology: Gee hon, I'm sorry you yelled at me too. [Grrrr]

The kids at Stadium of fire: Did you see all the awsome confetti all over?!
[Forget the dazzaling display of fireworks, the concert by Brooks and Dunn, the sight of over 1000 young women carrying the biggest flag I have ever seen....confetti? Did I mention the tickets were 65 dollars a piece? CONFETTI?! GRRRR]

Chase our cousin to Amy: I would say you could kick my butt, however I doubt your leg goes that high. HA HA HA HA...wait, you do yoga...AHHHHHHH

At the dinner table: Ellie! You can't do down dog at the table, now stop that and eat!

Riley to our neighbor: Hey I could train that dog for you. [Never mind that this is our drunk cowboy neighbor who rides a lawn mower when he is too drunk to stay on his horse, annnd the fact that his last dog gave Riley stitches.]

And people wonder what is wrong with me.

Honestly it's little wonder. Just come hang out for a week.

1 comment:

Karen said...

it's 5am, the baby is sleeping I'm not... I started doing yoga to calm down and sleep & thought of you! To Amy from Karen, of course the children enjoyed the confetti, it's the whole "box being better than the toy that came in it" syndrome; wishing on planets are reserved only for the biggest wishes- says so in the wishing handbook - tell your cousin Chase that you have so surpassed having to do the dirty work of kicking his butt yourself but you have an amazon of a friend in Oklahoma that would be happy to do the work for ya! keep your chin up and call me sometime! love ya !