Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hotter than blue blazes!

It is hotter than blue blazes here! I can't remember this hot of a summer since Sam and I got married. All of us are hiding out inside trying to avoid the heat.

As usual it is hectic here. We are in the process of trying to landscape our back yard. I am proud to say after 7 years, I finally have a sidewalk. A real, concrete, goes all the way to the back porch SIDEWALK!!! [Do you think I am deprived?] Long have I waited to get a real sidewalk. To those who visit our home, a path to follow. To those who play at our home a real place to ride a bike! To me, yup me...the faint-hearted...less dirt...yay! I can hardly believe it. We poured the concrete on Thursday. It was very hot, very hard, filthy work. I promise to post pictures soon. Along these lines we have been trying to landscape as well. The rock wall in the front is finally finished! It is beautiful. I really love it. We have started the wall in the back and hope to have it completed soon. I will even have a meditation garden where I can do yoga outside with a totally cool rock water fall. Hee hee. I am almost giddy just thinking about it. I have been planting trees like a wild woman. Flowers will come a bit later. And in between all that...

We are getting ready for school. Dr. and dentist appointments out the wazoo! School shopping for shoes and jeans...did I mention this will be the first year that they will be in all day school? Ellie is officially a 1st grader. Kinda freaky! I just ordered bento lunch boxes for the three of them. I have to find a way to feed them food worth eating. School lunch used to be so good. What happened? I am really excited to get back into a 'routine'...if that is what you can call it. LOL!!!

So, back into the heat of life I go.

No comments: