Friday, November 14, 2008

Fix it Friday





Our Music Room is rather small for the crowd we have in there.

We are always trying to figure out how to cram us all in for the many things our family does. Such as, ( but not limited to...), Scripture study, FHE, piano, violin, reading...see what I mean?

So for Fix it Friday, I have been wracking my brain for solutions...
Not to mention the desire of my heart to clean up the clutter from sheet music, practice books, books, and all the other stuff that gets packed away in there!

I was able to get the room all cleaned up today. Everything got moved and walls washed, baseboards scrubbed, books piled up and piano dusted. That leaves me with what to do with all the books? Those who know me, know I love to read. That means stacks of books in all the nooks and crannies! ( And I do mean all )

Also, there are two glass doors we really don't use much. So, I blocked them with the loveseat...Voila! Two more seats to sit on!!! Hopefully we will bring the black chair up, and place it beside the two awesome surprises I brought home...(see below)

Today, while trying to find a blasted pinata...I found two beautiful cherry book shelf/
curio cabinet things for a very, very reasonable price. *YAY*
The search has been on for ones that Sam and I could both agree on, and these are simply perfect!!! I was so excited the whole way home!!! The are just fabulous. They match the piano, have gorgeous glass doors, all hardwood construction, and shelves!

Here is to the perfect bookcase....
*cheers*


2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Yeah Amy! Looks great!

Britten said...

IT looks fabulous! I want to see pictures of the bookshelves! Your find of the year!