Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanks is thanks indeed...

Tomorrow I will fly into the place I probably least like to be.

My hometown. Yes, I have the dreaded...I can't believe I came from there syndrome.
Really. I can't believe it. As wrong as that sounds, it isn't for the reasons you think.

My Grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. Um, guess who realised that he was sick.
Take a really wild one...yeah. Me. Luck of luck...I know the symptoms that are clearly seen when you only see someone, saaaay only every 5 years or so. Lack of energy, loss of appetitte, weight loss, blah, blah, blah.

The day before my brother's wedding, I rushed Big Daddy, ( yes, that is what we call him...refer to above comments...i can't believe i am from there ) to the hospital. A tumor was in his esophagus. Trying to get information from my family is pretty much a joke. Hence the dreaded trip. DREADED.

Although there are a few simply wonderful things about the deep south, like my best friend in the whole wide world...and food to die for...I just couldn't live there. Not anymore. Once in my life was long enough. Is that bad?

My heart is aching. My mind is racing. My soul is reaching.
Now the circle is almost round. Just a bit off center.

Now, this is a heartfelt thanks to all of my dear friends at Twilight Moms...

THANK YOU, YOU ARE ALL SIMPLY THE BEST!!!
WHAT AN INSPIRATION, AND BLESSING YOU ALL ARE IN MY LIFE. WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT YOU???

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
LOVE YOU , LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU

So in the month of November...when Thanks is what you give...

Thank you.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck!!! You'll be in my prayers!

Britten said...

Yes, much luck to you. Just remember when you really want to come home, you are in our thoughts.

Unknown said...

I love you Amy! You can always go a bit more south and stay at my house-sit on the beach, breath.... I swear it will make you feel better. I'm still not there-but you are welcome to go stay there regardless, swim in the pool, there is even a car (a convertible even!) in the garage~call me!

Andie~