Monday, November 3, 2008

We spent Halloween in Cedar City with Sam's sister Kristee...
Needless to say, the kids came home with over 30 pounds of candy.
Yes. 30. Isn't that sad?

While we were down in Southern Utah, I took a little detour and went
to see my dear friend Kathy. She is an inspiration to so many ladies it
isn't even funny. She gave me the idea for tackle it Tuesday...and we
have been trying to come up with other days and themes.

This is what her family brainstormed and came up with...


Mother it Monday
Tackle it Tuesday
Wash it Wednesday
Twart it Thursday
Fix it Friday
Scour it Saturday
Savor it Sunday

Gotta love it!!!

Mother it Monday, for me will be a day to give myself permission to read a book, take a walk, or whatever nourishes my Mother heart.

Tackle it Tuesday you know about already...when you sneak into a disaster and ATTACK!!! Get it organized and together.

Wash it Wednesday. Wash whatever needs washing. It could be Mt. Washmore in the laundry room, or walls, or the car...whatever needs it...gets it!!!

Thwart it Thursday...putting something forward that has been lurking in the dark. Um, like the basement? Or a closet that desperately needs some attention.

Fix it Friday. You know that shower head that leaks, or the picture you swear to hang.
Well this is the day to do it. Fix it, hang it, repair it...and enjoy it!

Scour it Saturday. While it may sound like something I need to do to the kids...it actually entails scrubbing something in need. Like a tub, or the porch.

Savor it Sunday. Probably will be my favorite day of the week. Savoring is something that will bless my life long after the day is over. It could be music, yoga, scripture study or anything that gives me a chance to savor...and savor completely!

These are things that will vary in timetable. Depending on my energy level, time and what needs to be done. One rule of thumb I try to stick to is not to pull out more than can be done in an hour. I don't want to burn out. It is simply a way to bless my life and my home.

I will try to keep you posted!

2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Yeah Yoga! I'm excited you are doing it to.

Britten said...

Hahah! I love the different names! This is something I need to do too!