Monday, January 19, 2009

South Beach Diet and Healthy Living Challenge

This week in the HLC, we are abandoning white refined products. Like flour, and yes...sugar.
Yikes! So this nails me right on top of the head. Having struggled all my life with sugar, weight and cravings...I have decided to purge my self of these things. And no, I am not bulimic.

The South Beach Diet goes hand in hand with letting go of old, unhealthy eating habits. Today is day 1. The first 2 weeks are the hardest. No sugar, no fruit, no carbs. What will I eat you ask?
Salad. Lots and lots of green leafy vegetables, beans, eggs, soup... and things like that. There is plenty to eat. It is just a lifestyle adjustment.

My meals are planned out for the week. Breakfasts, snacks, Lunch and dinner. Although time and cost are involved...I keep telling myself that I am worth it. My family deserves a healthy happy Mom.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

You are worth it and you can do it!

Melissa said...

You are SO worth it Amy! You can call me any time if you want to gripe about those first two weeks. They are hard, but you can do it! It's better when you've done it before because you know what to expect and what it's going to take. I haven't had a headache this entire two weeks!!! That is heaven for me!

Katie said...

YOU CAN DO IT! and yes YOU ARE WORTH IT!