Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday!

Perhaps it should be...

Tear away into the wilderness Tuesday.

So, I ran away today. And went skiing. Shhhh. Don't tell on me!!!
It was beautiful. Peaceful. And exhilarating.
Morning found me on the side of a mountain,
breathing the cold air.
Staring into the sky, the forest, the snow.

Falling. Flying. Soaring.
Oh, how lovely it is.

Burning. Pushing. Screaming.
That is what my legs are saying.

Noon found me telling my legs to hang on.
They told me to eat some lunch!!!
No skipping meals, no matter HOW much fun you are having.

Two found me limping to my car.
Tripping, stumbling, grasping.
Smiling.


4 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Yeah I'm glad you got away and got to go skiing!

Katie said...

I so wish I could have done that. I had a moment reading this and I was able to pretend that was me. HAHAHA. I have issues...I need to out of TX and back to the MTNS.
Good for you for taking time for yourself. You deserve it.

Melissa said...

Way to tackle those mountain slopes Amy! I haven't used my ski's in 15 years! Isn't that sad? While I was walking this morning, I thought about the fact that I have the beach only 4 miles from me. I hardly take advantage of that! I need to do that more often. I'm glad you got to go have some fun for yourself, and I love your poetic writing!

Britten said...

Yay for enjoying the beautiful white winter! And you write beautifully too.

Sounds like you are doing great keeping up the house. Keep it up!