Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blue October = Best. Night. Ever.

Last night was the Blue October Concert here in Salt Lake City.

Can I just say they are amazing??? This is the first concert I have been to in almost 17 years. Um, they rock. What a talented group of guys! Not only do they love what they do...they do it soooo well. They play with emotion that borders hysteria...then a lullaby...the roller coaster ride.

Or Jump rope if you will.

Those of you who know me well, know how excited I get. I got there super early because, it was just too hard to stay home any longer. Tickets started to sell at 5. I was there by 3:45. I know. It was worth it though! The reward for freezing your tookus off in the cold is....

A small intimate meet and greet with the band. Yup. I got to meet the entire band with 5 other people. Someone somewhere has my picture with Justin. However, all of them...ALL OF THEM are very down to earth. That is probably my favorite thing... They asked our names, and even signed a poster for us. They just jammed on stage and got ready...then came down one by one and introduced themselves and chatted. *thud* Seriously. Ironically, Ryan ...the super cool guy who plays the violin, mandolin, multiple guitars, sings and keyboards...is from Louisiana. Wha? Yup. The same place I am from. What a small world.

Here is a shout out to their new album.

Approaching Normal.

If you can get the clean version off of I tunes. I highly recommend it. It is filled with powerhouse rock out songs, lullabies, and serenades. YUMMY!!! My favorite is jump rope...which was written for Justin's daughter...( every chance he had he was showing her picture to us...red headed and ADORABLE ) There is one for the soldiers they see in the airports as they travel. So much. I wish it could have lasted ALL NIGHT LONG.

Alas, all good things come to an end. Amy O., Christy, Erin and I enjoyed a night right against the stage... being tossed guitar picks, water bottles, water...(ugh), bonking knuckles and holding hands with some of the most awesome musicians ever. *sigh* I love musicians. It makes me feel all pink and tingly inside. I have to admit that washing my hands after made me feel lots better. Those guys were all sweaty and stuff. I am such a freak...

Best. Night. Ever.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That sounds so fun! I love their music (the clean stuff) and Justin's acapella is the best! So glad you had fun!