Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FHE, Making Monday Nights Worth it!

FHE= Family Home Evening.

It is something we do nearly every Monday night. We sit as a family and read scriptures, sing hymns and study the words of God. A valuable tool for us is this website:
http://ldslivingmagazine.com/categories/show/3
There I find wonderful ideas, talks and recipes for us to savor on Monday nights.

Last night we discussed choices. Especially how faith effects our choices. From what we read, to the friends we have, to what we watch on TV. We read an amazing talk by President Henry B Erying. "Walk in the Light" W. O. W. My heart was pierced. To the center of my soul. My kids were crowded around me trying to read WITH me. What an amazing testimony to the Light of Christ. The light we are all born with. To feel what is right and what is wrong. And the journey we experience to keep that light growing, or dimming by our choices and actions.

I highly recommend it.

Choices are part of our daily life. Moment to moment the choices we make effect not only ourselves, but the people around us. I hope that I may be a living tribute to the Savior. That I may bring light and joy to those I come in contact with. Especially my family. I hope that light, that bright beautiful light of Christ is illuminated in my eyes, my countenance for all to see. That others may be encouraged to reach, search and find the peace that only He can give.

This weekend is General Conference. I can't wait! I 'll post more about that tomorrow...

No comments: