Friday, April 3, 2009

Meet and Greet Story

Meet and Greet...

I was so excited the day of the concert that I could no longer stay home and wait.
So, I went up to SLC at The Depot and started chatting with a handful of people. We could see the band coming in and out of their tour bus. But, we were being respectful and giving them space. ( Surely that gets annoying to have people sitting by the bus )

Anyway. They had won a meet and greet with the band. They were waiting for Arny..serious that was his name...he was with the record label. To take them in and listen and stuff.

We were all freezing, it was SOOOO cold, and the wind was blowing. Whoever was supposed to get them in was like an hour and a half late...when this guy came up to me and started asking me questions. I pointed out the group of people ( 5 ) to get in. And then he invited me to come in too!!! *Wha?* The girl I had been talking to was soooo excited. She kept saying over and over, I just have to share this with someone!

Shortly after that AmyO came. I wished I could take her with me... but we were already inside waiting to go up to the stage.

They took us in, and they were warming up and played several songs. Then bits and pieces of songs. We met their manager, the record label guy, and some members of the opening band. Then one by one...members of the band came down and chatted, signed autographs...*thud*

Justin gave me a big hug and had Brittany take our picture. I am kinda short...so he had to cuddle up and he was like...I am so sorry, I probably stink...we have been on the bus. I smiled and promised if he wouldn't smell me, I wouldn't smell him! LOL!
He put his face against my cheek...and then he was gone.

*sigh*

Then I had to stagger back out to reality! Into the cold. But W.O.W.
What an amazing group of guys! They were all very down to earth and humble. It was really cool to see such talent be so...cool. It was like they could have been our neighbors. ( wish they were )

So what makes this really funny...is we ended up smashed against the stage. We got things thrown at us. Water spit at us...sprayed at us...why am I a moving target??? The bass player kept smiling and winking at me...and I would look around like wha??? And he would laugh. It was funny. They recognized who I was, so we ended up with guitar picks, a set list and I had Justin's water bottle. Which I promptly guzzeled. I was dying of thirst!!!

All in all.

Best. Night. Ever.

And this is a shout out to Brittany...who shared an amazing experience with me.
Without her none of this would have happened!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is such an awesome story! How fun!!!

Katie said...

That is so awesome!!! I get so sucked into the 18th Floor Balcony song. It's so awesome.