Monday, June 1, 2009

Wha???

The countdown has begun!

30 days until Florida...

In celebration of that, I have lost TEN pounds!!! Have you any idea how long I have been trying to lose that??? I have 10 more to go. That is my goal. 10 pounds. 30 days.

My morning runs are slowly starting to stretch farther, and I can feel deep in my heart I long to go longer!!! My average is 6-7 miles. My goal is 10, perhaps 13. There is a half marathon in August.. maybe that could be incentive to do it. Mostly I am just happy to have this body that does such amazing things. It isn't perfect, but is plenty capable. My gratitude today has been almost to the point of tears!

Also, we are preparing to take off on Wed. The idea of no schedules, plenty of play time and down time with Sam is almost mouth watering. I plan to savor this vacation to the fullest. Sam isn't the best at taking time off. He is Mr. Workaholic. I call work, 'the other woman', because he is so tied to it. He is a perfectionist and is always trying to improve. Can't fault that, but I do miss him. It may well be another 4-5 years before I convince him to come with us again!!!

I love you all so much! Keep your chins up out there...and be grateful for the miracle you are.
You are making a difference.

3 comments:

heather said...

You go girl...can I have those ten punds? Just e-mail them over ;)

Melissa said...

That's so incredible Amy! I'm so happy for you! I miss you on the Challenge threads, but I'm glad you are still working toward your goal! You will totally achieve it. Have a great trip with the hub and kids. You are so amazing. We really need to hang out. :D

Katie said...

You go girl! Congratulations on that!!! I've gained my weight back that I lost when my Grandma died. I need to come move by you to kick my butt back into shape.


I hope you guys have the most fun ever on your YellowStone vacation! Love ya!