Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Love

The long weekend has come to a close. It passed us by in all it's glory! Long, hot and filled with laughter.

Our home was full of BBQ, family and friends...

Now we are anticipating a birthday, primary graduation, and growing up. Riley turns 12 on Thursday. Soon he will be a deacon in our church. Able to pass the sacrament. I can't believe it!!! Wasn't he just a baby? A toddler climbing? A preschooler learning? He is balancing on the brink of Tween. Tween. Do you remember how awkward it was...

Celebrate with me and give me some ideas on how to make a Tween more comfortable. It is a passage we all must take. And Riley doesn't seemed fazed by it, yet.

2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Took Brett until the age of 14 to hit the teen stage. Give him some space and some responsibility.

Melissa said...

Which author is it...Lund? I just remember the three Fs, Fun, Freedom and Friends. Those are the things important to a teen. Riley is probably still a little young, but it's coming. I wish I had advice for you. You become the guru and let us know how it's going, k? :D