Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Family History~ A little addiction never killed anyone, yet...

Sam has a new obsession.  You know, like me and music.  It is family history.  For some reason mine is far more interesting to him than his own.  For the last several nights he has kept me up to the wee hours of the morning looking through census information from the 1800's, birth/ marriage/ death certificates, had me read out of famliy journals ( of which I have a grand total of one.  Yup, Grandad...that would be yours! ) And try to piece together my history.  Which is pretty fun...if I say so myself.  We found out last night that the Mouton's were one of the 6 founding families of Louisiana.  That's right.  Now if only I actually owned somthing there...besides memories.  And those nasty marshmellow peanuts my Great- Grandmother Annie used to feed me.  *shivers*  For some reason Sam just loves this stuff!  He can't get enough of it.  He has me jotting down names of people to contact in my family for more information.  Does he realise how strange it will be for me to contact them??? Probably not.  Mr. One Track Mind doesn't notice details.  Just outcome.  Well, here's to me making a fool of myself.  Hi.  I'm Amy.  You probably don't know me...but...

LOL.
Let the adventure begin.
And yes Grandad.  That means I am calling you first.  ( At least you know me. )

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Amy! We have caught that same bug. Kelly has been the HP Grp Assistant over the temple scheduling, and it has caused us to go to the temple more often. We want to take names with us of course, and the family history class at church came a long at just the right time. The other night, I caught him on the computer trying to go through his family's stuff (which is a mess! Too many Mormons adding to the pot), and I warned him about how it will suck him in and keep him up waaaaay to late. It's exciting though! And it's actually one thing that we have in common in our interest pool which is good for this old married couple. ;)

Kathy Habel said...

Enjoy! I need to get back at it.