Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quiet Sunday

It is a quiet peaceful Sunday... right now anyway.  With the chaos of the holidays behind us and a brand new year in front of us, it makes me ponder today.  How can I bless my life and the lives of those around me?  A question for the ages... I have come to realize that time is constant.  Amidst death and affliction the world continues to go round.  No matter how much you hurt, and feel that time should pause...or stop altogether, the sun comes up.  The clouds depart and you are left standing on the horizon of a new day.  

I would like to say that I have made resolutions for the new year.  But, alas...I haven't.  Goals are wonderful things when they are attainable.  Perhaps if I start really small...it will lead to something great and big and wonderful!  Like Cookies! Scratch that...   No more cookies.  *sigh*  My struggle is ever the same.  Stupid cookies.  In the thick of thin things, it would seem that cookies aren't that big of a deal.  We all have cookies.  Have you pondered on what your cookies are?  Where do your cookies lie?  How do we replace the cookies in our life?  And with what?  These are the questions I ask myself.  Are the cookies even necessary?

So as I stand on the horizon of this peaceful Sunday... with goals put aside, and life put ahead...the best I can do today is listen to my heart.  And follow it blissfully into the sunset.

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Hey stranger! How are you? I miss you! I need to bring my little guy out there to meet you :)

Melissa said...

So nice to see you back in the blog world! I missed you! I love your picture. Love your post too. Just got my tree down today. It's been rough this month trying to find my umph! Tomorrow is a holiday and I want to spend it with my children doing something fun. :D Love you!