Monday, January 5, 2009

Healthy Living Challenge

Here goes nothing!

A challenge to myself. With some of the most wonderful gals on the planet!
Some friends and I have given ourselves a 6 week health goal. Read on!
After packing on almost 20 pounds last year..yes defeat sucks...it is time, that I did something about it.

Healthy Living, bring it on!

Points - 12 points possible per day

1 Reporting/Accountability point just for reporting your points each day
1 Water - 8 8oz cups or more per day
1 Supplements - take a good multivitamin
1 No Skipping meals or snacks. You need to be eating every 2 - 3 hours.
1 Whole Grains - no white flour, pasta, rice, etc.
1 No Sugar/Junk Food - No white or refined sugars; grams of sugar should be less than 5
1 3-Hour Rule - Don't eat anything three hours prior to going to bed.
1 Counting Calories - Count calories to maintain portion control; keep a food journal

As stated before...it helps that this is happening with some of my dearest friends. Some of whom I have met, and some I haven't. We all will help to buoy and hold each other accountable. So, you may see some of the posts of struggles and triumphs.

Rock on.

2 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Together we can do this! You are beautiful!

heather said...

So, is there any advice for someone trying to GAIN weight and muscle...if so I'd love to do it! NEED support...