Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's a Family thing...

Man...have I had cabin fever! Even though the sun is shining, and the spring flowers are beginning to burst forth from the ground... I have the itch. Spring Fever!!! It seems that everyone around us is going on vacations and long weekends. It makes me green with envy. I can barely contain myself. I long to pack the car to the roof, stuff the kids in and drive until nothing looks familiar anymore. Sound familiar?

So instead of resisting the urge, I am hoping to con, er, talk Sam into a long weekend perhaps next weekend. If any of you have ideas...it would be wonderful to hear them! We are looking for somewhere kid friendly, so just keep that in mind!

Maybe Arizona? The Grand Canyon
Perhaps somewhere in Utah?
California???
Maybe Mesquite? ( Sam could golf, we could swim )


Whatever we do it must be very, very budget wise!!!
I look forward to your ideas and insights.
So, tell me all about those family vacations you took on a whim that were a blast!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Cali is a little far for a long weekend, right? If not, you can come and do the beaches here. Of course, if you're coming in the summer, that is better cuz you can do Disneyland too. I have Legoland discount coupons for child free w/Adult admission. For the third child you only pay $32. Disney has the 2fer going on. It kinda depends on what your definition of budget conscious is. Sometimes ours means nearly free, so if that's the case, those weren't helpful suggestions. Utah is so beautiful. Can you do Moab?